Rear Hatch Lock -- worky...no worky

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

ReynMan83

Rear Hatch Lock -- worky...no worky

Postby ReynMan83 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:55 pm

anyone ever had issues/problems with their rear hatch not properly locking when the rest of the truck is locked?

I was out fishing tonight, line got super tangled on my main pole, so i went to the truck to get my second. Forgetting that i locked the truck, i opened the rear hatch and the alarm went off. After treating my key fob as if it was a playstation controller, i learned that, sometimes it will lock, but most times, it won't. this appears to be a new development as i remember several times doing the same, and the hatch was locked.

behind the panel of the rear hatch is a "switch" mechanism that if i put it in the correct position manually, and then lock the truck. It will then lock as it is supposed to. Short of doing this everytime, and/or taking the truck to a shop or even worse...iggg...a dealer, has anyone ran into this problem before? and if so, any ideas? Thanks in advance!

ReynMan83

Postby ReynMan83 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:34 pm

guess not haha

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:52 pm

i havent had that issue but you could try cleaning it, it might just be gummed up.

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:19 am

Hey,

I did have that same problem some time ago and screws holding the lock mechanism had loosened. I had to pull off the plastic trim piece on the inside of the hatch to access it. After tightening them, all was good.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”