Looking for some info on Pathfinder 2000 Drive shaft fix

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Seph

Looking for some info on Pathfinder 2000 Drive shaft fix

Postby Seph » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:31 pm

I am taking care of my grandfather 2000 pathfinder... i took it out for a ride and noticed a problem with a violent vibration and a constant banging sound under the seats... while looking for a visible cause i noticed the central support for the drive shaft had all the rubber busted.. there is a lot of play there.. so i am going to point that as the problem... my difficulty is that i am going to do the fix myself and i am looking for a guide or video of a pro dude doing the fix... is there such thing or does anyone done this before???

all the input i can get is very appreciated... i was about to disassemble the drive shaft to get the part out and ready for the new one.. but i am afraid there is a certain way or method to do it and that because of my lack of knowledge i will miss that out.

thanks in advance!!!! :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:17 pm

You can probably find something on YouTube. If not for your Pathy, try for a Nissan Hardbody as the procedure is pretty much the same. I would highly recommend you get a genuine Nissan replacement part as some of the aftermarkets have given people problems. Also, you'll need an air chisel or press to get the old bearing off and make sure you pay attention to the direction of the old part on the shaft so you don't install the new one backwards.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”