New member with an R50

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Martinjmpr

New member with an R50

Postby Martinjmpr » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi, everybody. I just got a gorgeous, cherry 2002 R50 SE yesterday. It will be my daily driver (I also have a 2004 Suburban that pulls our trailer and is my 'vacation vehicle.')

I found out about this forum from the Nissan sub-board over on Expedition Portal ( http://www.expeditionportal.com ) Lots of Nissan guys over there (mostly Xterras and Frontiers but there are a few nice R50 Pathy owners, too and even a few Patrols!)

I don't plan on much in the way of modifications on the Pathfinder. Seems like a very nice vehicle though.

Mine is a 4x4 with the 3.5 V-6 and (best of all) the 5 speed manual transmission (the manual tranny was a big deal for me to find.) Only has 117k on it and looks nearly new.

A few cell phone pics. I'll get better ones this weekend:

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:43 pm

wow man thats a clean rig. I think it would look awesome almost stock just steelies and some a/t or m/t tires, not too big maybe one size bigger and no lift. would be an ultimately clean rig!!

Martinjmpr

Postby Martinjmpr » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:35 am

DiBo wrote:wow man thats a clean rig. I think it would look awesome almost stock just steelies and some a/t or m/t tires, not too big maybe one size bigger and no lift. would be an ultimately clean rig!!
Thanks. Yeah, it really is clean inside and out, I'm impressed at how little it's been used.

Only upgrades I'm planning at this time are tires (it's got crap Kumhos on it now) which will probably be Cooper Discoverer M+S for the snow, some seat covers to protect the cloth seats and eventually a new head unit so I can have bluetooth and iPod controls.

Much as I'd like to go up in tire size, sticking close to stock saves me a lot of money (and I'm going to have to drop ~$1000 on tires for the Suburban anyway.)

I'm just really liking this little truck. It feels very "tight" and doesn't rattle or have any weird noises. Very peppy, too, with the 3.5 and the 5 speed. Compared to my previous DD (a 4 cyl Ford Ranger) this thing feels like a sports car!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”