Dear TheNissanPath members!
For the past month plus, your Admin team has been working behind the scenes to make your forum better.
We were looking to get on a more generous server plan so we don't bump into our bandwidth ceiling, a better forums software and attract more traffic for your well written posts to get more views.
I believe we have accomplished this.
We are joining Nico Nissan forums network!
It is a Nissan and Infiniti forum that covers all categories of cars, trucks and SUVs made by Nissan, Datsun and/or Infiniti.
- We will keep our own homepage but our threads and posts will be accessed via both the Nico forums list and
- Our url will remain the same
- Existing thread+posts will remain.
- We will be hosted on their almost limitless server, and benefit from their superior anti-spam software (we Mods and Admins spent time every day deleting spammers and i am sure you are tired of the barrage of "free Norton anti-virus helpdesk" offers )
- You will keep the Admins and Mods you've come to love
- When you have a question about a non-Pathfinder Nissan you will get answers right from here (because of course we will link back to their forums listing, where you can enter their excellent Z, Altima, 240sx etc sub forums))
- We will get our forum presented to Nico membership right on their forums list and so get ready for some extra buds on here to exchange ideas and tips with! Their Pathfinder traffic nearly equals our own!
- Nico is one of the best run car forums on the internet... I cannot imagine a better partner for us!
What does Nico get for all this?
- They get our great archive of threads for their members to benefit.
- They will be able to "count" all our traffic as Nico traffic numbers.
- They will get a greater reach for their sponsors.
- They will get more mass in members in order to fight off facebook and similar (anti?) social media.
Why does this matter to me and why do I think it should matter to you?
Car forums have greatly seen their traffic reduced by facebook even though forums are a much superior way for enthusiasts to connect and help each other out.. We have structure so you can find what you need.. we have moderators.. we have well known experts..
I very strongly believe in keeping the internet as a place controlled by The People
and not the oligarchs such as Zuckerberg.
This is near and dear to my heart and this is a small way in which we are fighting for an open internet.
At this time we should be mere days away from the merger.
So whats next?
-At first we will transfer to their server. There may be a service interruption. But the Nico staff know what they are doing and it should not be overly lengthy (I am thinking hours not days).
Once I know an exact time I will post it on here.
- Then once the server transfer has been fully "digested" we will join their forums software.. it is more modern and will have better functionality and is much more resistant to spammer and hackers.
I do not know the exact day yet when it will occur.. but I wanted you guys a heads up in case you see an outage.
Don't start posting over there just yet... you can keep posting here and your membership and posts will transfer when it happens.
In the meantime enjoy one of the Nico Pathfinder articles:
https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/the-p ... d-suv.html