2000 pathfinder sunroof

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

sal5674

2000 pathfinder sunroof

Postby sal5674 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:43 am

Hi all, I just bought a used 2000 that is wonderful, what the former owner failed to tell me is the sun roof LEAKS LIKE A BANDIT!! Is this a common issue? We do have a roof rack that has screws thru the roof. Is this something that can be easily fixed or am I going to the dealer to get hosed?? PLEASE HELP, WE ARE HORRIFIED.

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:57 am

Sorry to hear the news. We have a 2000 Pathfinder as well but has never leaked. It may just need an adjustment, good luck.

sal5674

Postby sal5674 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:02 am

Thanks, I appreciate it. We love the car but open umbrellas while driving is out of the question!! I thought about using clear silicone and caulk the bad boy shut, but before I get hysterical i thought I'd see what this forum knows.

nicky2wotimes

2000 Sunroof Leak

Postby nicky2wotimes » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:06 am

I have a similar problem with my 2000. It was only a problem though when it is parked with the front end down hill during heavy rain. I have not worried about it until recently when my floor carpets have been taking in water from underneath some how which is getting pretty annoying to dry out after every rain. So I figured I would mess with the sunroof figuring that was the problem I noticed that the wind screen was in a little sideways which had screwed up the seal around the sunroof. I took off the wind screen and cleaned everything up. The seal is still messed up though because of all the years it has been like this. But when doing this i noticed there are a number of different drains for the water to go out. I cleared all of them (leaves and dirt) and cleared the drains near the bottom corner of the doors (which is where the water should ends up and go out). SO...hopefully this should fix my carpet problem. The sunroof will still leak but the drains should now be able to keep up. The Only other thing you can do is to replace the glass which has the seal built. It looks like that is the only seal around the sunroof.

Return to “General Automotive”