Tire Pressure

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

jetwrangler

Tire Pressure

Postby jetwrangler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:01 pm

I looked around a good bit before posting to see if any others had this issue.

My tires seem to continuously loose air. The low air pressure light stays on so often I dont even care anymore. I check them every few days for 35 Lbs of pressure. They just all loose air especially one, new tire on back passenger side. The Pathfinder has done it since my dad initially got it years ago. Any ideas this is quite annoying now that I drive the vehicle. Thanks for any help.

thehumphries

Postby thehumphries » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:42 pm

I had this same issues and it kept increasing. It was my TPMS. GL[/i]

jetwrangler

Postby jetwrangler » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:15 am

Does this actually (try) to regulate the tire pressure, ie. it lets air out? Or does it simply monitor it? Also because the stem is attached to this could this be my weak spot letting out air? What was the fix did you replace them all?

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:10 am

i have a suspicion that one of my TPMS sensor is leaking as well... not really sure how to check it though.

edit... after some googling, it seems like the leaky TPMS culprit is *usually* a loose retainer nut on the valve stem. not sure if this is the cause of your problem, but i'll definitely be checking mine later tonight.

~mike

jetwrangler

Postby jetwrangler » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Seems as usual the tire guys have been lieing to me about replacing the valve stems every time a new tire is mounted. Looks like our TPMS is similar to chevys were a small screw holds the stem onto the sensor. So to me that sounds like the whole tire has to come apart sensor removed and new stem put in place. Any ideas on part numbers, for just the stem?

jetwrangler

Postby jetwrangler » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 am

The guy at the tire store persuaded me to come in Saturday and let them check it out. It was a 2 inch piece of steel the size of a screwdriver shaft stuck 2 inches shy of the outside edge. WOW so glad i took his advice, fixed for free and sent me on my way. I will continue to buy tires from them. He said those tpms rarely fail. So all is well for now been the longest I can remember without that light on.

Return to “General Automotive”