Overheating...! :( Please help!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

AdsVeg

Overheating...! :( Please help!

Postby AdsVeg » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Evening,

My '05 PF dCi is overheating and leaking coolant... Weird thing is, the coolant is coming out over the offside (it's RHD) rear wheel... I'm no mechanic, but I would have thought a coolant leak would come from under the engine bay or dash area...

Anybody have any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:49 pm

did those models come with rear heat/AC? the US version has rear HVAC system, so I would think that a coolant line is run to the back for heat.

~mike

AdsVeg

Postby AdsVeg » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Mike,

Yes my PF is an SVE spec, which (was) the top of the range, so yeah it has rear heat/ a/c.

Fixed now btw. The exhaust was rattling on something underneath which sounded like a jackhammer! So I took it in to Kwik Fit - they're an auto repair chain over here. The guy said some pipework was catching the exhaust causing the noise. He said they'd cable tie it up, which stopped the rattle.

What the muppet who did the work had inadvertently done was caught a coolant pipe and pulled a rubber flexi-pipe away from an aluminium pipe, creating a hole that the coolant fluid just drained out of!

My friend got underneath and cut off the ties and re-did them properly! All good now! Thanks for your help.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:39 pm

glad to be of help!!! dont forget to top off the coolant reservoir to make up for whatever you've lost in the meantime.

~mike

Return to “General Automotive”