Door locks intermittent on 91 pathfinder

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

jpistrit

Door locks intermittent on 91 pathfinder

Postby jpistrit » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:29 pm

I have heard about the "door timer" issue that causes all 4 door locks to misfire on pathfinders, however this isnt that.

I have one door lock that plain doesnt work. You can unlock and lock the door with the button on the door but not remotely. I'm assuming *that* is a dead door solenoid (although i'll be taking the door apart to verify). Its the rear passenger side door.

I also have the passenger side front door, which works, but sometimes when it "locks" it doesnt really travel all the way to locked (ie. you can go open the door even though the button went down a bit and it made a clunk sound like its locking). Working it a few times will make it *really* lock.

I'm assumign thats a lubrication problem? Or is the solenoid also going bad there?

Has anyone taken the doors apart to replace or lubricate the solenoid and have a diagram of how to do it? I found a couple online but i was hoping to find someone who had repaired this problem themselves before.

Thanks
-jcp-

'91 white SEV6 5speed

Return to “General Automotive”