Drag Racing the Supercharged Soccer Mom Mobile

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

Drag Racing the Supercharged Soccer Mom Mobile

Postby RacerZX » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:16 pm

At the end of the Stillen Supercharger video I take the truck drag racing at Sears point, and show a dramatic heads-up race against a Dodge Neon SRT-4. However, that one race was only a tiny bit of our day, so let me expand for those that are interested.

At Sears Point Raceway up in Sonoma CA they have bracket drag racing almost every Wednesday night throughout the summer. $25 gets you in and if you're prompt about getting there you'll get 2-3 practice runs before the elimination starts. I took my buddy John with me to shoot video and pictures, and we also met up with my friend Martyn and his mum who was in town on vacation from the UK.

My first practice run was against a WRX, I only did a 15.2 with a crappy launch while he did a 15 and beat me handlily. My second was that one against the Neon, finishing at 15.0 in dramatic style.

Then came the elimination rounds. Without John in the truck, slightly cooler temps, and less of a head wind, I set my dial-in at 14.8. I ran against a reasonably tricked out 300ZX, and he busted out so I won.

Second elimination round was against a Honda with a 15.7 dial-in. He actually ran at the same pace as me, and so again my competiton busted out bad so I won. Holy smokes, I got to the 3rd round! =P

3rd time though I made the mistake of letting the truck idle between rounds. It was getting quite cold, and the wait between runs wasn't much (25'ish minutes), but the truck obviously left the line with a bit less power and the shifts just wern't as snappy as before. I only ran a 15.2, and the other guy nailed a .1 reaction time, so I got eliminated.

Here's video of all the runs:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/20 ... InDrag.wmv

And here's some pictures:

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:45 pm

Thanks for livening up the board. We needed something to go on here. Plus I had a rough weekend with a sick little guy and now the wife is sick. Daddy to the rescue.

Alright back on subject. I like the burnout smoke pick. Did you get a lot of questions bringing the truck? You should have stuck with 15s for your bracket time. You could always let off in the end.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:52 pm

During tech inspection and before the first practice run I left the hood closed and nobody even noticed I existed. After my first run against the WRX I popped the hood to let her cool, and then I had all sorts of people stopping to ask questions about it :D

I thought about turning my dial-in way up, but decided that since my speed at the lights was generally so much slower than the others, it would be really hard to gauge how much to let off when they are charging up on me in my blind spot like that Neon did. If you've got the faster vehicle, sure, but when you're the slower one it's really hard to gauge, at least for a newbie like me :wink:

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:14 am

Ok now it's time for someone to get the new V8 path and see what that does stock and with the stillen S/C for the Endurance, Blink? :twisted:

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon May 13, 2013 11:09 am

BTW, just put this video up on my Youtube channel for giggles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trAU3nOG6eM

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

that's awesome!

i'd love to hit a strip after i redo the diff/gears

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm

That must have been a blast!

akley88

Postby akley88 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:57 pm

i was looking into either this or a remote turbo. this video was one of the reasons why i got another pathfinder.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Dude, that's crazy. You must of got a lot of people starring and going WTF! What times do you think the V8 would run versus the V6 and supercharger?

GSX-R35

Postby GSX-R35 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:14 pm

That is cool lol! A friend and I were just joking about me getting the Stillen kit last week since I've finally decided to start modding my trusty old Pathfinder :)

If you don't mind my asking, what does it do to your gas mileage and tow capacity?

Return to “General Automotive”