What year did they introduce the touch screen LCD?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

kev1n

What year did they introduce the touch screen LCD?

Postby kev1n » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:25 pm

I was wondering if the 07's have a touch screen LCD. the most annoying part of my NAV is having to type with that joystick.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:30 pm

I'm pretty sure none of the Pathfinders from any year have touchscreen.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:34 am

here we have the 08/09 LE have touchscreen, but limited only to the NAV.

cant control radio or A/C with it.

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 pm

mar1nasr wrote:here we have the 08/09 LE have touchscreen, but limited only to the NAV.

cant control radio or A/C with it.
Can you use the touchscreen to type destinations also ? I wonder if can be swapped into my 06.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:51 pm

no only for moving the screen right/left and zooming during the navigation. (yeah i know its wierd, should be fully touch compatible. Garmin rules!)

all commands by either the on-dash buttons or optional remote.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:52 pm

no only for moving the screen right/left and zooming during the navigation. (yeah i know its wierd, should be fully touch compatible. Garmin rules!)

all commands by either the on-dash buttons or optional remote.

Flick

Postby Flick » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm not exactly sure what your looking for here but my 08 w/nav is all touchscreen except climate control. Once you use the dash buttons to pick the source you want. If you choose map/enter/dest/address everything else is touchscreen house # streetname ect. same goes with audio once you pick a source musicbox/sat.radio/dvd just touch the screen to change radio stations in your presets or pick a song from the music box or control the dvd player the only other thing that is not touchscreen is the bass/ treble/fade/balance. Anything on the screen that is not gray in color can be touch controlled. Just remember you must always hit next on the screen to go to the next screen.Hope this helps.

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Flick wrote:I'm not exactly sure what your looking for here but my 08 w/nav is all touchscreen except climate control. Once you use the dash buttons to pick the source you want. If you choose map/enter/dest/address everything else is touchscreen house # streetname ect. same goes with audio once you pick a source musicbox/sat.radio/dvd just touch the screen to change radio stations in your presets or pick a song from the music box or control the dvd player the only other thing that is not touchscreen is the bass/ treble/fade/balance. Anything on the screen that is not gray in color can be touch controlled. Just remember you must always hit next on the screen to go to the next screen.Hope this helps.
thanks for the clarification. What I am most annoyed about with the 06 NAV is that I have to use the stupid joystick thingy to type. it is way too time consuming, the ability to type it with the touch screen is what I was interested. Now I need to figure if by swapping the screens I would be able to have that ability.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:11 am

kev1n wrote:
Flick wrote:I'm not exactly sure what your looking for here but my 08 w/nav is all touchscreen except climate control. Once you use the dash buttons to pick the source you want. If you choose map/enter/dest/address everything else is touchscreen house # streetname ect. same goes with audio once you pick a source musicbox/sat.radio/dvd just touch the screen to change radio stations in your presets or pick a song from the music box or control the dvd player the only other thing that is not touchscreen is the bass/ treble/fade/balance. Anything on the screen that is not gray in color can be touch controlled. Just remember you must always hit next on the screen to go to the next screen.Hope this helps.
thanks for the clarification. What I am most annoyed about with the 06 NAV is that I have to use the stupid joystick thingy to type. it is way too time consuming, the ability to type it with the touch screen is what I was interested. Now I need to figure if by swapping the screens I would be able to have that ability.
doesn't sound like it... is there an aftermarket unit that would work in the pathy? I'm interested in that, my 05 has the bose 6 disc changer.

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”