Just got a used 2017 Altima SV, have questions.

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

debriscolomun

Just got a used 2017 Altima SV, have questions.

Postby debriscolomun » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi all,

I recently got a 2017 Altima SV after my 2015 Civic Coupe got totaled by someone running a red light. I purchased the Altima with 44,000 miles on it for about $12,800 out the door (it was a rental). 1 bhk flat in thane

I have read a decent bit the past couple days regarding the CVT issues and it seems the standard advice is to replace the Transmission Fluid every 30,000 miles. Is this something that is actually shown to work? Or are we basically making blood sacrifices and hoping for the best? flats in mulund

Additionally, are there other issues I should be on the lookout for with my Altima?

Thus far, everything has been great on it, and I am having a full inspection done and, if that is clean, replacing the transmission fluid. But are there other worries? real estate development consulting firms

TBH, after reading all the posts regarding the shit-tier CVT, I feel a bit of remorse for my purchase. I don't understand how all the expert review sites are giving it solid reliability scores when the transmissions are basically expected to blow up at 60k.
Last edited by debriscolomun on Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:10 am

Nissan was one of the first to bring the CVT into North America and they have had more than their fare share of issues. They are getting better, but I have my reservations on any CVT, although some manufacturers are showing better reliability with them. They had some issues with the 2016 Altima, but it appears to have been worked out for 2017 Altimas, so, "fingers crossed."

Return to “General Automotive”