windshield washer nozzles

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Danguy426

windshield washer nozzles

Postby Danguy426 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:20 pm

has anyone else had issues with their windshield washer nozzles?
a few weeks ago my passenger side nozzle went kaput. half of it sprays forward, the other half sprays the front of my hood. Dealer told me they had to order the part.. still haven't heard from them...today while driving i noticed the driver side nozzle is showing the same signs of defect...
has anyone else experienced the same?
i got an 08 SE-v8...
ugh...

Npath

Re: windshield washer nozzles

Postby Npath » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:18 pm

Danguy426 wrote:has anyone else had issues with their windshield washer nozzles?
a few weeks ago my passenger side nozzle went kaput. half of it sprays forward, the other half sprays the front of my hood. Dealer told me they had to order the part.. still haven't heard from them...today while driving i noticed the driver side nozzle is showing the same signs of defect...
has anyone else experienced the same?
i got an 08 SE-v8...
ugh...
Sounds like the washer fluid pump is starting to quit.

SilverGhost

Re: windshield washer nozzles

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:54 am

Danguy426 wrote:a few weeks ago my passenger side nozzle went kaput. half of it sprays forward, the other half sprays the front of my hood.
Not likely the pump. If bad, both sides would have had a weak to non-existant spray at the same time. Sounds like slight corrosion in the nozzles, or else a bit of trash in the lines. Use a straight pin to clear the nozzle holes, being careful not to change their alignment. If that doesn't fix it, the fluid lines and/or the tank may have to be flushed.

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:21 am

Yea, i'm not entirely sure its the pump either. I get the same spray pressure from both nozzles, just like the day i brought it home. They just dont spray in the right direction... lol :?:
i'll try the straight pin method later on when i get home from work.
If not...i guess its back to the dealer to get it repaired under warranty.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:24 pm

Danguy426 wrote:Yea, i'm not entirely sure its the pump either. I get the same spray pressure from both nozzles, just like the day i brought it home. They just dont spray in the right direction... lol :?:
i'll try the straight pin method later on when i get home from work.
If not...i guess its back to the dealer to get it repaired under warranty.
Yep, there's somethin' funky in the nozzles/lines. Happens to the best of us sooner or later. :roll:

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:32 pm

Make sure you mixture isnt to strong ... I see these clogged nozzles all the time and usually its because they are using way to much soap .... 80% water 20% soap is as rich as you want it .... I run 90% water 10% soap in all my cars and have never had a clogged nozzle !

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”