Newbie from Sacramento

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Plngeek

Newbie from Sacramento

Postby Plngeek » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:52 pm

I'm not an official owner yet, but if all works out right, I will be in the next 7-10 days. I found one I like and am just waiting for it to be brought in so I can do the deal. I've been debating a bigger vehicle for about a year now since we got a tent trailer. My wife has a Rav4 which tows it fine as long as we stay in the flat land and pack lightly. When she got the Rav, I had the choice of her Tacoma Doublecab or my Mazda6, so I kept the 6 since it was more fun to drive not knowing we'd be getting the trailer a few months later. We used the Rav this year with no issues, except having to borrow my in-laws' 4Runner for 1 trip that had a few hills on the way. Anyway, I've decided it's time to just bite the bullet and move up, so bye bye 6 and hello Pathfinder. I had it narrowed down to essentially a Tacoma or the PF, but ended up getting swayed by the amount of features in the PF for the same price.

So.... I'm waiting on a Black 2005 SE Offroad with I'm guessing everything in it, since I can't imagine what you could add to this!

Anyway, looking forward to getting the car and seeing what info I can get and contribute around here.

See ya...

Alan

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:18 am

Welcome to the forum. If you go for it you'll find it's a fairly good truck.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:24 am

Heya welcome..The pathy is a nice vehicle, ive got an 08 and for this price its got all the power you'd want 8) ..Cheers

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Welcome to the forums and there is lots of stuff you can add to your Pathy!................ Triffid

Plngeek

Postby Plngeek » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Triffid wrote:Welcome to the forums and there is lots of stuff you can add to your Pathy!................ Triffid
Not what I needed to hear :lol: my Tacoma was stock until I found the forum for that and my bank balance went downhill from there. At this point, I'm just looking forward to getting the car and getting the feel of what it's like.

Plngeek

Postby Plngeek » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:34 pm

It's taken me a while to get back to post, but I picked it up on 11/9. I've put about 1400 miles on it so far and love it! It was actually better than I expected since the "Navigation System" they advertised ended up being an AVIC-Z1, and the previous owner put screens in the headrests for the back passengers, so it really has everything I could want and more. I picked up the Weathertech mats for it since they've done so well in my wife's Rav4, but that's about it.

Only problem I found with it so far is the belts were squealing, so they replaced the Belt and tensioner, only to find the new tensioner (Carquest) was faulty and ripped the new belt up in less than 100 miles. They replaced it again with Nissan parts and hopefully all is well now.

Here's looking forward to a good future with the car! :)

Plngeek

Postby Plngeek » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:42 am

And I finally managed to come up with a picture of her! :) I've been meaning to give her a good wash and get some pictures, but I was just looking through the pictures my wife took while we were getting our Christmas tree and found this one. I had always been against black cars before, but I have to say, I love the look.

Anyway, here goes...

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”