Installing an amp where to run wires

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

2008PatherfinderS

Installing an amp where to run wires

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:44 pm

Ok, I'm having a custom box made with two subwoofers and amplifier all self contained on the box. I'm doing this so the box can be easily removed when I need to use the cargo area or third row seats. Question for anyone who has installed am amp and/or subs in their R51 Pathy, is where to run wires for the amplifier so they are hidden out of sight.

markspath

Re: Installing an amp where to run wires

Postby markspath » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:09 pm

2008PatherfinderS wrote:Ok, I'm having a custom box made with two subwoofers and amplifier all self contained on the box. I'm doing this so the box can be easily removed when I need to use the cargo area or third row seats. Question for anyone who has installed am amp and/or subs in their R51 Pathy, is where to run wires for the amplifier so they are hidden out of sight.
I haven't run a sub, but I've run wires from the dash to the back cargo area to go up to my roof basket and others across the dash and up the A-pillar for my radar detector. The plastic door threshold trim comes out easily, but the rearmost clip might break on the front trim -- a couple of dollars at the stealership -- and there's a channel there where the factory wiring goes through.

With some patience you can poke additional wires through all the way to the back of the car.

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:40 pm

You are right Mark,

With patience you can run them throught the channel, I did it on mine on the passangers side all the way to the back. It took me a while to find a way how and a hole to run the positive wire throught the firewall. But it can be done.

Otherwise your other option is the roof which I think is more tricky on my opinion.

haascncvf2

running wires...

Postby haascncvf2 » Fri May 15, 2009 4:48 am

I have not installed a system in this vehicle of mine, (not sure if I will either) but I have in every other car i have owned.

I have always ran my (thick) power wire along the passenger side floor whereas I ran my rca's and remote wire along the drivers side. (or vise versa)...as for ground i have run it with the power wire off the battery or I have found a good ground near wherever the amp is located.

Personally I learned myself long time ago to NOT secure my amp to the box, due to the event of a theft, everything is right there is one simple location for someone to steal. (yes experience speaking)

I have bolted amps (depending on size) under seats, or to the back of seats.

j.s.
hopefully any of this will help you.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”