2005 Pathfinder SE Tire Pressure Monitor System

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

falcondrgn

2005 Pathfinder SE Tire Pressure Monitor System

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:53 am

Hi,

Does anyone know of the 2005 SE comes standard with tire pressure monitoring system? I just bought a used 2005 se but dont know if it has the tire pressure monitoring system or not, is there a way I can check to see if it does? Thanks

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:12 am

I could be wrong but I think all R51's have this. I know for sure that all cars made after 07 have it.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:14 am

How can i check to see whether or not I have this feature? THanks

Captain caveman wrote:I could be wrong but I think all R51's have this. I know for sure that all cars made after 07 have it.

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:22 am

TPMS was standard on the '05 SE. To verify for yourself, deflate one of your tires to ~25 PSI and drive around for a couple of minutes, making sure that you get over 20 MPH or so. You should get a yellow idiot light and an extremely long and loud alarm.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:25 am

oh, lol, thanks but i think i will just take your word for it seeing how much of an annoyance that would be. thanks again

LittleStevie wrote:TPMS was standard on the '05 SE. To verify for yourself, deflate one of your tires to ~25 PSI and drive around for a couple of minutes, making sure that you get over 20 MPH or so. You should get a yellow idiot light and an extremely long and loud alarm.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:39 am

I haven't messed with an SE but do they not have the LCD display panels? If they do have them there should be a screen in there that you can actually switch to and see the current psi's the monitors are reporting. If there is no lcd then my information is useless.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:02 am

On mine, if the tire got below 30psi, it would go off. I had 2 leaking tires so I had to deal with this quite frequently. A loud beep goes off for about 6 seconds, along with the light (little amber tire light next to the "no seatbelt" light) on the gauge cluster. After the beep stopped, the light stays on until you fill them up. Usually after filling them up, it'd take a min or two to clear the light.

The LCD would be nice, because my setup doesn't tell you what tire it is, or how low that tire(s) is either.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:18 am

is it possible to get a lcd system from a newer model and hook it up to an 05 model?

G35TR wrote:On mine, if the tire got below 30psi, it would go off. I had 2 leaking tires so I had to deal with this quite frequently. A loud beep goes off for about 6 seconds, along with the light (little amber tire light next to the "no seatbelt" light) on the gauge cluster. After the beep stopped, the light stays on until you fill them up. Usually after filling them up, it'd take a min or two to clear the light.

The LCD would be nice, because my setup doesn't tell you what tire it is, or how low that tire(s) is either.

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:43 am

The lcd on 08's don't tell you which tire it is either.

It just lists them from top to bottom.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:08 pm

you should just be able to give the key a partial turn to get all of the dash warning lights lit (i am sure there is a more technical term for this...). the tire pressure warning light is yellow/amber icon of a partially deflated tire w/ and exclamation point in it.

i would assume that if you truck is equipped w/ a sensor, the light should come on.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:35 pm

falcondrgn wrote:is it possible to get a lcd system from a newer model and hook it up to an 05 model?
I'm sure you could but I'm betting it would be cost in-efficient.

To be honest it's not really all that good anyways for being able to pinpoint which tire is low. Like others have noted the psi's are listed top to bottom. The sensors aren't keyed to an individual receiver so lets say out of the factory the sensors are listed FL, FR, RL, RR, the first tire rotation it's not out of wack so you have to manually check the psi on each tire to determine which one is low.

I do like how accurate mine have been though. Set it to 50psi w/a manual gauge, take it for a spin and shortly down the road when the sensors activate all spot on at 50psi.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:14 pm

My '05 SE Off-Road came with it... If you look at the tire stem they will be metal not rubber also if you turn the key on all the dash indicator light will come on for a short time... If you look in your owners manual it will tell you where the location of the light is on the dash... Hope this helps.......... Triffid

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Did anyone have problems after changing to a larger tire?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Captain caveman wrote:Did anyone have problems after changing to a larger tire?
Nope, unless I have to air things down a LOT from the 47-48PSI I normally run. I kind of miss the thing alerting me to add some air.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:46 pm

For the last couple of days Ive tryed 35 psi and the PF rides great. I do not have the TPMS light on at all. Does anyone know the PIS that the light come on at?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”