OME SPRINGS?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

User avatar
MEMOCAMPOS
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Orange County, CA.

OME SPRINGS?

Postby MEMOCAMPOS » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Anybody know which spring is better to go w/ HD or MED. AND TO MAKE SURE ON PART #'S are they ome 609 and ome 610? I do have the prototype icon setup so hopefully this will work. Rear is currently too soft!!!


G35TR
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 am
Location: NE Florida

Postby G35TR » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:00 am

Your part numbers are correct.

MED (0lbs-GVW) = OME609
HEAVY (Constant 440lbs+)= OME610

http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/acces ... finder.pdf

How bout some details and pics on that ICON setup?

jorgecar
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Postby jorgecar » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:54 pm

G35TR wrote:
How bout some details and pics on that ICON setup?
x2
Want to see those on the Pathy!

User avatar
MEMOCAMPOS
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Orange County, CA.

ICON PICS.

Postby MEMOCAMPOS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Finally the ICON picsImage[imgImage[/imgImage
Well according to ICON the rear now cycles about 10" travel however due to the stock coil the rear is to plush for my taste therefore I will remove the coil spacer and install the OME med. coil. The frontend is perfect with the exception of the need for an UCA this is also in the works (Total Chaos) Overall this setup is leaps and bounds better than stock!!!!

User avatar
socal4x
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: southern california

OME rears

Postby socal4x » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 pm

I have the OME 609s on the rear. They are 100x better than stock. But, if you 'wheel really hard or tow, I would go with the HDs.

Problem for me is that they would probably ride too harsh...Right now if I put a couple mountain bikes on the back end, and have the cargo area loaded with riding gear/ cooler, and 2 adults in back, I still bottom out...

What I would like to know is if the HD springs give more lift. I would like another inch of lift all around. With coilovers, that can be adjusted fine. But the rear is fixed. Also we have to worry about the rear alignment and the VDC going off.

In short, I'm interested in seeing what heights people are getting out of the coil over setups.

User avatar
rragpaoa
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:23 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks MEMO for the pics.

Once you get the OME springs, you will feel like you have a brand new vehicle.

Question: Does the ICON shocks compensate for the 2" spacers? Reason is that the spacers are not attached to the shocks, so the spacers already extend the shocks out by more than 2".
It's not like the front struts where front spacers move BOTH the shocks and the coils. So in order to get the full 10" travel, they need to make the shocks longer to compensate.

User avatar
rragpaoa
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:23 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:39 pm

SoCal4x,

I also have the OME 609 (Med) in the rear, and like you said, night and day difference. However, I carry mtn bikes and my buddies to the trail, along with gear and I never bottom out. Do you have the OME shocks as well?

The Med springs are still a bit stiff, but not too bad at all. For off roading, you definitely want the Med coils since you want the springs to be more fluid to articulate over the rough stuff. Unless you are constantly carrying over 220lbs in the rear, stick with the Med.

What I did was I got the Med coils and shoved the PolyAir springs found here: https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=3525
For $87 I get the best of both worlds if I need to tow, or off road.

Oh, since you are in the SoCal area, we should hook up and go wheelin' sometime. Also, come join us in our yearly Death Valley Trek found here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=1586

User avatar
MEMOCAMPOS
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Orange County, CA.

More ICON shock pics.

Postby MEMOCAMPOS » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Sorry guys I forgot to include this pic. This is the shock @ full droop...my shop lift almost completely tops out just to get my tires off the ground!!! Now if I could get the front to this :wink:




[imgImage[/img]

User avatar
socal4x
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: southern california

Postby socal4x » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:25 am

ragpaoa wrote:SoCal4x,

I also have the OME 609 (Med) in the rear, and like you said, night and day difference. However, I carry mtn bikes and my buddies to the trail, along with gear and I never bottom out. Do you have the OME shocks as well?

The Med springs are still a bit stiff, but not too bad at all. For off roading, you definitely want the Med coils since you want the springs to be more fluid to articulate over the rough stuff. Unless you are constantly carrying over 220lbs in the rear, stick with the Med.

What I did was I got the Med coils and shoved the PolyAir springs found here: https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=3525
For $87 I get the best of both worlds if I need to tow, or off road.

Oh, since you are in the SoCal area, we should hook up and go wheelin' sometime. Also, come join us in our yearly Death Valley Trek found here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=1586

Yeah, I have the OME shocks as well...I guess my friends need to go on a diet :lol:

Thanks for the invite. I haven't got out much lately...we have a newborn and I have been working like crazy....

G35TR
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 am
Location: NE Florida

Postby G35TR » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:44 pm

MEMO, you got any pics of the whole truck showing the new stance (front, side or both)?

User avatar
Captain
Sponsored Member
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:41 pm
Location: S.w. Chicago

Re: More ICON shock pics.

Postby Captain » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:43 am

MEMOCAMPOS wrote:Sorry guys I forgot to include this pic. This is the shock @ full droop...my shop lift almost completely tops out just to get my tires off the ground!!! Now if I could get the front to this :wink:




[imgImage[/img]

By looking in the pic you need to install a longer brake line. Its completely to tight.

User avatar
MonkeyMike
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:28 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs

Re: More ICON shock pics.

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:34 am

Captain caveman wrote:
MEMOCAMPOS wrote: Image
By looking in the pic you need to install a longer brake line. Its completely to tight.
yikes... :shock:

~mike

User avatar
Sven1olaf
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Postby Sven1olaf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi guys.

I'm in the process of putting together my daily driver/weekend wheeler pathy and am thinking about starting with the suspension.

I just got off the phone with ARB to get the low down on their OME suspension packages and they told me (believe it or not) that they do NOT recommend putting their OME608/N183S and OME609/N184 package on American spec pathys. He said that the added height makes the wheel alignment "impossible" to get accurate as the American pathys come slightly taller from the factory than the Aussie versions.

I know that a bunch of you guys have put them on your rides and love the result.

I am wondering how bad the alignment issue really is. Is highway travel at 80 mph even feasible and if so, how bad is the tire wear?

User avatar
MEMOCAMPOS
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Orange County, CA.

Rear alignment

Postby MEMOCAMPOS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:20 pm

U know I think it depends on who does ur alignment...fortunately my guy is a freakin' genius when it comes to alignments, what he did mention was that w/ my ICON spring spacer the alignment is barley within limit, he would like a little more negative camber, it is @ exactly 0 degrees but I will be ok no bad tire wear!!!I wish I knew if the OME spring is taller or shorter than my spacer. According to ICON the spacer lifted my Pathy a little over 1.5". If it is shorter than my alignment will only be better. I will no matter what be purchasing the OME springs I need more preload.

User avatar
rragpaoa
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:23 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Sven1olaf wrote:Hi guys.

I'm in the process of putting together my daily driver/weekend wheeler pathy and am thinking about starting with the suspension.

I just got off the phone with ARB to get the low down on their OME suspension packages and they told me (believe it or not) that they do NOT recommend putting their OME608/N183S and OME609/N184 package on American spec pathys. He said that the added height makes the wheel alignment "impossible" to get accurate as the American pathys come slightly taller from the factory than the Aussie versions.

I know that a bunch of you guys have put them on your rides and love the result.

I am wondering how bad the alignment issue really is. Is highway travel at 80 mph even feasible and if so, how bad is the tire wear?
Don't worry. You'll be fine with the 608/609 package in terms of alignment. I have no problems with tire wear either (always rotate @ 5K). I normally drive 85+ on the highway (any cops out there??).
However, would you consider the new PRG suspension setup? I am testing the prototype right now. The OMEs are leaps and bounds compared to stock, but the PRG is another leap better.

By the way, I have an OME setup to sell since I had them before I put the PRG setup. Anyone interested. I'm going to post in the classified, but since we are talking about it here, I might as well ask.


Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”

cron