OME SPRINGS?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

User avatar
MEMOCAMPOS
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Orange County, CA.

OME

Postby MEMOCAMPOS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey I just shot u an email bout meetin'...on a second note is PRG producing a spring as well. How much for ur OME springs or can we work something else out!?!? :wink:


User avatar
rragpaoa
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:23 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: OME

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:49 pm

MEMOCAMPOS wrote:Hey I just shot u an email bout meetin'...on a second note is PRG producing a spring as well. How much for ur OME springs or can we work something else out!?!? :wink:
Great! .. email sent back.
PRG is open to helping produce a spring. Greg examined the OME springs and said Eibach can fabricate one since they already have a spring that looks very similar to ours. I'm sure we can get him to produce one.
However, he was actually impressed with the OME springs. He mentioned that it's beefy and has good, consistent spring rates, so I don't really need to get another rear spring. For the price, the OME rear springs are hard to beat.

Sorry, I need to clarify: I'm selling the front OME Springs/Shocks and only the rear OME shocks. I'm keeping the rear OME springs until PRG gets Eibach springs made for our trucks.

User avatar
Sven1olaf
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Postby Sven1olaf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 pm

ragpaoa wrote:
Sven1olaf wrote:Hi guys.

I'm in the process of putting together my daily driver/weekend wheeler pathy and am thinking about starting with the suspension.

I just got off the phone with ARB to get the low down on their OME suspension packages and they told me (believe it or not) that they do NOT recommend putting their OME608/N183S and OME609/N184 package on American spec pathys. He said that the added height makes the wheel alignment "impossible" to get accurate as the American pathys come slightly taller from the factory than the Aussie versions.

I know that a bunch of you guys have put them on your rides and love the result.

I am wondering how bad the alignment issue really is. Is highway travel at 80 mph even feasible and if so, how bad is the tire wear?
Don't worry. You'll be fine with the 608/609 package in terms of alignment. I have no problems with tire wear either (always rotate @ 5K). I normally drive 85+ on the highway (any cops out there??).
However, would you consider the new PRG suspension setup? I am testing the prototype right now. The OMEs are leaps and bounds compared to stock, but the PRG is another leap better.

By the way, I have an OME setup to sell since I had them before I put the PRG setup. Anyone interested. I'm going to post in the classified, but since we are talking about it here, I might as well ask.
Excellent!

Im very interested in any PRG info you have and if ur willing to get rid of ur OME stuff I am more than interested.

I really thought that if the ARB guy seriously talked me out of a sale that there must be something going on there. but, i trust ur guys judgment.

and yeah the Highway Patrol out here has nothing else to do but pick up speeders, but thank god for 75 mpg speed limits =]

User avatar
NVSteve
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:27 am
Location: Salt Lake City

Postby NVSteve » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:27 am

ragpaoa wrote: However, would you consider the new PRG suspension setup? I am testing the prototype right now. The OMEs are leaps and bounds compared to stock, but the PRG is another leap better.
So what all did you exactly replace? Pics? How is the ride? Any idea on pricing? Will you still have them installed for the Death Valley trip?

User avatar
rragpaoa
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:23 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:30 am

NVSteve wrote:
ragpaoa wrote: However, would you consider the new PRG suspension setup? I am testing the prototype right now. The OMEs are leaps and bounds compared to stock, but the PRG is another leap better.
So what all did you exactly replace? Pics? How is the ride? Any idea on pricing? Will you still have them installed for the Death Valley trip?
Replaced the whole front struts, shocks and springs, UCA, and rear shocks.
Front components are Radflo 2.5 Extended internal reservoir shocks with Eibach 625 lbs springs and PRG UCA. Updated heim jointed swaybar links. The heim joints allow full articulation without binding.
For the rears, 1" aluminum PRG spacer, OME Med springs and Radflo 2.0 internal reservoir shocks and heim jointed sway links.
We are in the process of fine tuning the rears and measuring for even more exetended down travel. We believe we can get 10" of useable travel. Stock was about 6.5". Currently we are up to 8.125".
I kept the OME rear springs since Greg @ PRG says they are good stuff.

Yes, I should have it all done for the Death Valley trip. I'm compiling the pictures and should have them up tonight.

EDIT: sorry Steve, can't give you a price yet but I would safely bet around the 2K range for the whole setup. And for the ride ... I'll do a write up soon, but definitely better compared to the OME, and the OME were good.

User avatar
socal4x
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: southern california

Postby socal4x » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:34 pm

So, if I am understanding this correctly, you are 1" higher in the rear (than with OME only) with the setup you now have, using the PRG spacer and the OME rear springs in combination?

How did you align it? Did PRG do the work?

Pics and Info @ your convenience please! :D

User avatar
rragpaoa
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:23 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:29 am

socal4x wrote:So, if I am understanding this correctly, you are 1" higher in the rear (than with OME only) with the setup you now have, using the PRG spacer and the OME rear springs in combination?

How did you align it? Did PRG do the work?

Pics and Info @ your convenience please! :D
I have been lagging on the pics. I own a tax preparation business and I have been busy from 7am to 10pm, only checking this site on breaks.
I'll get them up soon.

Yes, it is 1" higher in the rear than the OME setup. Couple of reasons: with the new PRG front suspension, the front became higher than the rear by 1/2", even with the rear OMEs. So the 1" rear spacer put us back at 1/2" higher than the fronts. Looks a lot better. We did the basic tape measure alignment at first. Wasn't too bad at all. Then I brought it to Firestone afterwards.

But the primary reason is mechanics. See if you can follow: In order to get a 10" travel, you have to increase the length of the shock body and rod. However, increasing the length will cause problems at full compression with either the stock or OME springs. The shocks will bottom out before the bump stops can do it's work. Keep in mind that the springs and shocks are on separate mounts, not like the front struts. So, you have to move the springs down about an inch (by using a spacer) to prevent the shock botomming out. (Imagine the spring fully compressed now but 1" lower and picture the shock compression at that point.)

Based on that explaination, the extended version of the rear shock will NOT work with just the stock or OME springs without the spacer. So PRG will probably offer 2 versions of the shock. The standard version, which already provides a little bit of increase in travel, and the extended version that you have to use with a spacer that gives you even more travel.

User avatar
socal4x
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: southern california

Postby socal4x » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks for the info...and, yes, that all makes sense. I am very interested in exploring this further.

Since the fronts are an adjustable coil-over, once you set the rear height, you can balance the front accordingly (assuming you don't increase the angle of the CVs by too much).

I know the OME rear shocks just don't cut it, and the geometry of Nissan's rear end design for this vehicle doesn't help.

I am also curious how the alignment was done. I would think you would possibly need new control arms in the rear as well. I was barely able to get it near spec with the OME setup.

The VDC activation is another concern, since the added height will increase body roll -- have you experienced this...Don't worry about pics until after the 15th...so long as I see 'em before I get my return... :lol:

User avatar
Russian Gaucho
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:00 pm

Postby Russian Gaucho » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Hello guys, I am from Argentina, and have a 2008 pathfinder (LE 2.5 diesel)
I have lifted it with the OME package (hard spring in the front and mid in the rear)
Only got 1.6" in the front and 1" in the rear after 6000 km of ride. I have 13.4" of ground clearance between the front and rear wheels, 28° of breakover angle.

I will put a lot of extra weight with a new bumper with winch, a rear bumper with tire carrier, extra 80 liters tank, skid plates and rock sliders. It means at lest 350/400 kg extra, and the truck will go down maybe 1" or more.

I was thinking in a prg UCA and a 2" spacer for the front (will get between 3" of final lift with this and the OME package with the extra weight maybe)

And in the rear I know you are testing a new long travel shock (ragpaoa and MEMOCAMPOS). The OME rear shock has 12,4cm or 4.88" of travel (open 37,9 cm and closed 25,5 cm) and it is giving me 10" of travel at the wheel. How much travel have your new rear shocks? measures open and closed? It will be necessary to change the rear brake lines?

I have emailed PRG 3 days ago and they haven't answered anything yet, don't know why.

User avatar
socal4x
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: southern california

Postby socal4x » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Fear not...PRG took about 4 days to get back to me, and I am in California.

Greg @ PRG wrote that their kits are in full production...the benefit of their setup is you can adjust the front coil to compensate for the lift you want, corresponding to the weight you add to the truck.

When you are done, post pics!!!

jorgecar
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Postby jorgecar » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:22 pm

ragpaoa wrote:
NVSteve wrote:
ragpaoa wrote: However, would you consider the new PRG suspension setup? I am testing the prototype right now. The OMEs are leaps and bounds compared to stock, but the PRG is another leap better.
So what all did you exactly replace? Pics? How is the ride? Any idea on pricing? Will you still have them installed for the Death Valley trip?
Replaced the whole front struts, shocks and springs, UCA, and rear shocks.
Front components are Radflo 2.5 Extended internal reservoir shocks with Eibach 625 lbs springs and PRG UCA. Updated heim jointed swaybar links. The heim joints allow full articulation without binding.
For the rears, 1" aluminum PRG spacer, OME Med springs and Radflo 2.0 internal reservoir shocks and heim jointed sway links.
We are in the process of fine tuning the rears and measuring for even more exetended down travel. We believe we can get 10" of useable travel. Stock was about 6.5". Currently we are up to 8.125".
I kept the OME rear springs since Greg @ PRG says they are good stuff.

Yes, I should have it all done for the Death Valley trip. I'm compiling the pictures and should have them up tonight.

EDIT: sorry Steve, can't give you a price yet but I would safely bet around the 2K range for the whole setup. And for the ride ... I'll do a write up soon, but definitely better compared to the OME, and the OME were good.
ragpaoa,
What are your impressions of the prototype PRG setup?
I know you're busy, but we want pics! :wink:
cheers!

User avatar
b_beder
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Postby b_beder » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:00 am

Hi..
I'm new to the forum. I just buy new Pathfinder be patient my English not that good

So.. i'm looking to upgrade my rear spring and gain some hight 5-6 cm
is OME 609 good for that .
DO i have to change (N184) shocks to ?

thanks.

User avatar
b_beder
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Postby b_beder » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:09 am

5 Days no answer!

G35TR
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 am
Location: NE Florida

Postby G35TR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:17 am

b_beder wrote:5 Days no answer!
This is the final few days of tax season. Give him some time.

yarilo
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Moscow/Russia
Contact:

UCAs - which one

Postby yarilo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:05 am

Hello!

Guys, maybe you know - which UCA best suites our Paths?? As I know, we have a choice of 3 different producers: PRG, Total Chaos, Calmini.

Sure, every of them will fit, but one or two times I've seen that some person would exchange one to another - why, I don't know.

Any suggestions, which one is better?

Makc

P.S. Probably some of them better painted or more tough..


Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”

cron