HELP - 08 PF Stuck in 4LO!!!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

thejean

HELP - 08 PF Stuck in 4LO!!!

Postby thejean » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:47 pm

So I just installed the Air Lift kit and did an oil change. I put the truck in 4Lo to get on the ramps and now she will not come out of 4LO. WTF!! I put it in 2WD, 4WD, or Auto and the 4LO indicator still flashes and you can definitely tell it's still in 4LO. What do I do?

skywhr

Postby skywhr » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:05 pm

WOW
Why did you put it in 4lo to get it on the oil change ramps?

you usually have to change it to 2wd and drive it a small distance, its not an instant change AFAIK.

try taking it down the street

Npath

Re: HELP - 08 PF Stuck in 4LO!!!

Postby Npath » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:25 pm

thejean wrote:So I just installed the Air Lift kit and did an oil change. I put the truck in 4Lo to get on the ramps and now she will not come out of 4LO. WTF!! I put it in 2WD, 4WD, or Auto and the 4LO indicator still flashes and you can definitely tell it's still in 4LO. What do I do?
place the transmission in neutral and turn it to 2wd mode. Drive forward slowly without turning and should clear up. If not, drive backwards slowly in a straigh line for bout 10-30 feet, it should clear up and put you back into 2wd mode.

Why did you put it in 4wd to get it on the ramps? Now I'd have to say what you said... WTF?

thejean

Postby thejean » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the help. That worked like a charm.

As for why I put it in 4LO, well, I never tried and I figured why not. Also, the ramps were the plastic kind and they were slipping a bit so I figure the front tires pulling would help keep the ramps in place. Anyway, dumb move. Lesson learned.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”