MATERIALS: drill
drill bits
zip-ties
dike cutting pliers
file or grinding wheel
H.I.D. conversion kit

SKILL: 4/10

COST: $60.00

first you need to turn the white light retainer counterclockwise and remove it.

next now you will need to pull the light bulb straight back to get it
out

now you will take the blue (color may very)plug from your kit that plugs into the stock harness and you will have to file down or use a grinding stone/wheel the bottom edge so that it is the same diameter as the rest of the plug. the bottom of this plug has a slightly wide then the rest of the plug and wont go through the white retainer when you try to re-install it into the light housing

once the plug is made to fit push it through your white retainer and put your light back into its socket and tighten the white retaining ring. once its back in place then you will need to connect the wires on the light to the wires on the ballast.

once that is done then you can move onto mounting your ballast where ever you feel you would like them. once you mount them you are done.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!

turn your lights on and let them run for 10 mins before shutting them off so let them break in. this will increase the lifespan of your lights and help to ensure everything gets broken into properly.

NOTE- i am TDY right now so im not home. i will post more pictures of the lights against a wall and things like that when i get home.

mcxstar01

Postby mcxstar01 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm unfamiliar with HID lights and light conversion kits.

What are the advantages of switching over to HID seeing that several people have done this conversion.

Thanks.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:55 pm

without getting in to detail. its a brighter whiter light that projects further down the road so u can see more. some say that these kits have to much glare and the light scatters but the path has a really good stock beam pattern. in all my other cars that i have added this kit to i would get flashed a few times a week but now with the path i dont get flashed at all.

xenon is the hid and halogen is your standard bulb
http://www.xenoncar.com/images/halogen-vs-xenon.jpg
http://www.speedstersource.com/FISH/HID ... _D2C_E.jpg
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-837 ... alogen.jpg

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:16 am

I have HIDs on my truck and i didnt have to file down or drill anything, are you running a full plug n play kit? And where did you mount your ballast out of curiosity. Thanks

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 am

i have gotten about 4 907 kits from this company and have never had to do this either. then when i ordered this newest kit which was there latest and greatest the but of the connector was just to big im sure i could have forced it through but i didn't want to break the white ring. so i filed it down so it would slip right in and out. i didnt have to do any drilling i just had a grinding wheel attached to my drill to file it down faster. now that i think about it the set came with a white ring that i took off..... maybe that was a new ring to put on it so maybe i didnt have to do all that work after all..... also after searching the forums i did see that some other members had to do the same. so who knows.

as for the mounting i mounted the passenger side right next to the air box and the drivers is right behind the light on the fender. i used industrial strength Velcro so i can take them off with out having to remove the ballast harness.

i also just installed the fod light HID and if i get time ill try to add another how to on those

PeterKesel

Postby PeterKesel » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Nice thread.I like it.
:D

VenezuelanPath

Postby VenezuelanPath » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:08 pm

sorry about my ignorance...

will this kit, the one you have, works high and low???

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:57 am

after pounding my head against virtually every automotive stores shelves here in Fargo trying to find a set of Silverstar Ultras (no one carries them at all!), I have decided to go the HID route.

can you tell me where u guys ordered ur kits from, and if the offer hi/low kits as well.

also, have any of you put HID's in ur fogs, the H11 bulbs?

it gets really dark out here and with nothing to reflect any light back to you, i am looking to get the best, most powerful lighting i can.

great thread and thanks again =]

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:32 pm

Try Ebay I got my Hi lOw headlights from there will be getting the fogs after I get the switch for the fogs

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:38 am

cruzstyle wrote:i have gotten about 4 907 kits from this company and have never had to do this either.
Can u tell me which company ur getting ur kits through?

Thanks

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:23 pm

sorry it took so long to respond. i have HID in my fogs as well and i love them. with HID in all four lights u dont need highs. i get mine from a company in maine. i have bought from them for years now

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 pm

if you want i can give you the email to the guy i buy my lights form just email me. [email protected]

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:50 pm

big thanks Cruz :D

im pretty sure that im going to take ur advice and get the H11 hid fogs and 9007, 4300k headlamps without the hi beams.

can't wait for my Christmas present to myself 8)

Peter Kesel

RE :

Postby Peter Kesel » Thu May 20, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks a lot for such a valuable information.If you need any support on HID lights please feel free to contact.

Well Done.

samyukins

Postby samyukins » Fri May 21, 2010 3:40 am

I got an iceberg blue HID kit with 10000K low beam only....it works great installed it since oct 2009. I also use H11 LED bulbs on fog lights.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”