stalling 2005 pathfinder and getting screwed by the dealer

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mrhousley22

stalling 2005 pathfinder and getting screwed by the dealer

Postby mrhousley22 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:27 pm

I have a 2005 pathfinder le and 2 weeks ago it stalled out and wouldnt start again. I had it towed to the dealer where they replaced the battery and a pos. terminal on battery. I got the car back and guess what it stalled and died the next day. Had it towed back to nissan where they said the impd need to be replaced 393.00 i said fine they also said that they are replacing the ecm as a precaution in case something shorted out in it. they have had the car for 2 weeks now and guess what it still is not running now there saying its the fuel pump and wiring harness that somehow melted and were taliking 1500.00 this truck has 70000 miles on it and i at my end with it. is this the way nissan works by replacing parts that were not needing replacment as troubleshooting.

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Incredible. Find out the owner of the stealership and talk to them direct.

Damn, there's NO troubleshooting on their part, just throwing parts at it. Did they save any of the old ones to put back in (like the ECU!!!) after they fix the harness overheat? Not sure how I would handle your situation. I'd been all over them after the first problem and told them to refund until they really fix it.

mrhousley22

Postby mrhousley22 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:03 am

yeah i am getting the old parts back and i am in contact with nissan direct. I told them to put the old parts back but of course they said those parts were the reason for the overheayed harness??????sounds like they can't admit the mistake

Npath

Re: stalling 2005 pathfinder and getting screwed by the dea

Postby Npath » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:07 am

mrhousley22 wrote:I have a 2005 pathfinder le and 2 weeks ago it stalled out and wouldnt start again. I had it towed to the dealer where they replaced the battery and a pos. terminal on battery. I got the car back and guess what it stalled and died the next day. Had it towed back to nissan where they said the impd need to be replaced 393.00 i said fine they also said that they are replacing the ecm as a precaution in case something shorted out in it. they have had the car for 2 weeks now and guess what it still is not running now there saying its the fuel pump and wiring harness that somehow melted and were taliking 1500.00 this truck has 70000 miles on it and i at my end with it. is this the way nissan works by replacing parts that were not needing replacment as troubleshooting.
Your problem reminds me of an issue someone had not too long ago in regards to stalling. It has something to do with the fuel injector lines. From what I can remember, I think it had something to do with the tubes that go to each cylinder.

If my thought turns out to be the issue, I hope they didn't swap a lot of parts.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:36 am

For sure got a hold of Nissan. Let them know that they are throwing parts at your truck to repair the problem. Get all of the parts back, and get the techs reports and trouble shooting steps to back you up. A good tech would write down in his story the complete details of his findings that agree with the trouble shooting steeps. If he does not have a good story it shows he did not fallow the steps and is resonabile for the parts changing. If they can not supply this DO NOT PAY THE BILL and contact the owner of the dealer and Nissan to file a complaint and to file a lawsuit for damages to your PF>

I've been a dealership tech for 10 years ( till this year) and I know the importance of having a good story. If his story sounds made up about anything that does not sound like it goes with the trouble shooting steps he mest up. Trouble shooting steps go in a complete order that is kinda fool proof.There are Yes and No awncers or readings of some type and if they can not produce they reading as of printing out the report for you, he mest up. DO not take crap from them. If you need help PM me and we can talk and I can get you in the right direction. The dealership hates me, I always ask for the repair story and a parts list and then I go over it with the tech and service manager. I do this while wearing my mechanic uniform. And I do not like the story I ask the tech to reproduce the readings. (If not warranty) If its warranty I can care less what they throw at my car. There paying for it.

Tech

Postby Tech » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:43 pm

The IPDM's are relatively common, but it sounds like you got a clueless tech. You can actually see the IPDM volatge in data monitor as well as run the IPDM self-diagnosis to confirm. I don't see how they coulda f'd your ECM unless they were somehow careless and did the IPDM re+re with the battery connnected or something. Maybe boosted it backwards? I get a few of those every year. In any case, do NOT pay for any electrical units until they can prove they're no good. They are generally all non-returnable. If you wan't to be armed with more technical info, PM me.

dbetterred

Postby dbetterred » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:20 pm

OK, what is an IPDM?

Tech

Postby Tech » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Intelligent power distribution module.

It's the fuse panel, except it has an control until with integrated relays and stuff in it. It's also configured differently for different versions of the same vehicle. It's also about the same price as any other electronic control unit....

dbetterred

Postby dbetterred » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Ok, I understand thanks for the response. Fancy, expensive fuse panel.

reinaldo

2005 Pathfinder

Postby reinaldo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:34 am

I know that Nissan will solve that problem. You have to bring it to the dealer first. In my case, I ended up with this electrical repair. But fortunately, it works fine after the repair.

Warren

Postby Warren » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:52 am

My nissan melted wireing due to a disign flaw muffler had a hole in it the exhaust melted the harness going to the rear of the truck ABS,fuel pump,evap,rear lights and other things any one else?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”