Got Nitrogen?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

User avatar
voodoochyl
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:26 pm
Location: Grants Pass, Oregon

Got Nitrogen?

Postby voodoochyl » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:30 pm

So, I have been reading about it quite a bit. You have pros and cons with everything, and it seems like you can always find stats to back your argument. I was wondering if anyone has done it on this forum and what your results were. To be honest, I am considering it. It would be more to gain a small advantage in fuel efficiency if anything.


User avatar
JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1400
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:36 pm
Location: 90 DEGREES FLORIDA

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:40 pm

i have nitrogen in my tires and have not really noticed anything different with the path. when i had my 95 240sx with 18 low profile tires i felt the difference and also in my camry. the tires just felt a lot stiffer as if they had the true psi in them. one of the advantages of the nitrogen is that it won't leak out through the valve stem as fast as regular air would.

G35TR
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 am
Location: NE Florida

Postby G35TR » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:30 pm

Any certified SCUBA diver could tell you that the air you breath everyday is already 79% nitrogen. I have a difficult time believing that the other 21% is really making a difference. Even if it is, is can't possibly be worth spending any more then $1 for, nevermind the $100 I see some people charging.

cruzstyle
Moderator
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:27 am
Location: Sumter, SC

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:18 pm

First it's way over priced 30.00 a tire here where I live. I have it only because I get free at work but don't notice any fuel gains. U just have if the tires less often.

User avatar
voodoochyl
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:26 pm
Location: Grants Pass, Oregon

Postby voodoochyl » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 am

I was thinking it would probably be a waste of money. I have a local shop that only charges like $35-$40 to do all the tires. But, if you have to add air, it is not like the pumps at the filling stations have nitro...you would just be adding regular air unless you went back to the garage. I didn't do it.


Return to “General Automotive”

cron