Rear AC Line Corrosion

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

richardekirby

Rear AC Line Corrosion

Postby richardekirby » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:56 pm

I found this on another site and thought I would share. At $2000 to repair, I'm checking mine out this weekend.

http://npora.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=27179

jerry6

Postby jerry6 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 pm

That be me , I think the pathfinder is a decent truck , but will never buy another Nissan product because of the AC and the rad trans problem that are not covered under the ultimate extended warranty . No excuse for this , I am writing Nissan about this , already paid the repairs , no hardship on my end , just pissed off that this is NOT covered .
Besides that the truck is solid , no squeaks or rattles and on Quebec roads that is saying something .
I can buy any car I want , and nissan will never be on the list again if they do not respond to these 2 DESIGN DEFECTS . I think they are being stupid to not own up to this . On all the cars and trucks I've had over the last 35 years none have ever had these problems , and many have had rear AC . The rad trans mess is another thing that should never happen if the rad is drained/flushed every 2 years . Of all my cars have only had 2 rads spring leaks , and all the cars were kept at least 6 years or 200,000 miles .

05Pathfinder

Postby 05Pathfinder » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Jerry I understand your points but you can find a problem child in every manufacturer so your post which is quite similar to many on several forums is just yet I think a bit harsh to outright ban a make. The way I see it if you buy within 2 years of a new model you HAVE to expect problems. Also if you buy several years later and dont do your homework and then find out about these problems its really your own fault if you dont know about this. I think some such as yourself feel betrayed and react a bit emotionally and im not saying this is wrong but maybe a little to harsh.

I bought my 07 MS3 as a first model year and have had recalls and issues but I wont write off mazda as a whole. Just my personal experiance.

Richard. As for your rear AC problem I had the same and paid 1000CDN $ to get it fixed. Although if you do a little research you can see that if you can live without rear ac/heat you can cap off the lines for next to nothing or have the lines cut and replaced without doing the full job for about half the price. Or like me I wanted to just get it done. In my case I got the car about a month ago and I got it at a good enough price that if I spent a few Ks on repairs I would be even with what I should have paid for the vehicle.

thats my 0,02$ and this is one of my first posts. Hopefully im helping out a bit. I know that there are some forums for my other vehicles that love to nitpick every post no matter what!

jerry6

Postby jerry6 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:46 am

An 07 with 78000 km should NOT have an ac line rust/wear through . When I bough this truck in 06 there were no mentions of ac line or trans cooler problems ., the truck was supposed to be well built . I also bought the ultimate extended warranty , expecting it wou ld cover things like this , my Ford trucks never gave me headaches with warranty coverage like Nissan , so I will never buy another very simple . Either you stand behind your product or you don't . Iknow one thing ,when my company put up a building we stood behind our work , if a problem developed WE FIXED IT no question , and the above problems are design/material flaws , end of story .

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”