1997 Pathfinder/QX4 stalling

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

99altimaGXE

1997 Pathfinder/QX4 stalling

Postby 99altimaGXE » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:50 am

Help needed from the Altima boy :D! My friend has a 97 Pathfinder. The truck has been stalling for the past month or two, now it is getting progressively worst. It dies at stop signs, but start right back up and sputters. I did a bit of researching and replaced the MAF sensor. The problem still exist. I don't want to keep putting money into it. What should I try next?

fleurys

Re: 1997 Pathfinder/QX4 stalling

Postby fleurys » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 pm

99altimaGXE wrote:Help needed from the Altima boy :D! My friend has a 97 Pathfinder. The truck has been stalling for the past month or two, now it is getting progressively worst. It dies at stop signs, but start right back up and sputters. I did a bit of researching and replaced the MAF sensor. The problem still exist. I don't want to keep putting money into it. What should I try next?
if you do not want to put money blindly into it, you gonna need to plug some kind of obd2 reader on it to see what are the other sensors giving you for readings...

could be the o2 sensors, torque converter switch, bad coils etc.... any check engine lighted ?

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”