new guy from nj

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

jpar

new guy from nj

Postby jpar » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:04 pm

I picked up an 06 SE 4x4 with 60k miles about 3 weeks ago. I"ll post some pics tomorrow after I wash it.

I want to start by saying that I've been a vw/audi enthusiast for 20 years and have also had a few jeeps. I was actually in the market for a 05-08 Grand Cherokee for my new daily. I was having a hard time finding a 4.7 for a decent price and someone suggested I look at Pathfinders. I test drove a few at used car dealers and really liked them, but couldn't strike up a good deal. I found mine on craigslist from a private seller and got a really good deal. It's a loaded SE with pretty much everything but nav/rear entertainment as far as I can tell.

I'm happy with my purchase and love to drive this thing. The only thing that bothers me is the stupid problems these things are plagued with. I figured I'm buying a Nissan, what could go wrong? Every time I come on here, I find another problem to worry about. Luckily this forum has been really helpful with all the info.
So far I did the radiator bypass, no sign of any contamination. I also did my rear u-joints and brakes all around. My fuel gauge seems to work properly (I'm at 60k, does this mean I dodged the bullet or is it just a matter of time?). The only big issue is the timing chain tensioner whine, mine is getting loud and I plan on taking care of it soon. Luckily, I do all my own work otherwise I'd be screwed.

I'll be posting a lot of questions, I look forward to hearing from you guys.......

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Welcome! :D

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:06 am

welcome

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Welcome to the forums!...... Triffid