New member from South Africa

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Virus

New member from South Africa

Postby Virus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 am

Hi All.

I just bought a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder 2.5Dci.
I previously owned a Navara 2.5Dci

Discovered this forum last night on Google and already got some ideas...

The extras on my Pathfinder are:
-Nissan Nudge bar
-Bumper protector
-22inch Chrome Shoes.

Next on the list is a good sound upgrade..

Peace and luv.
Virus.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:13 am

welcome

impulsepath

Re: New member from South Africa

Postby impulsepath » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Is the nudge bar available as an option or accessory to purchase as an add on? For 2012 Pathfinder?

Welcome!
Virus wrote:Hi All.

I just bought a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder 2.5Dci.
I previously owned a Navara 2.5Dci

Discovered this forum last night on Google and already got some ideas...

The extras on my Pathfinder are:
-Nissan Nudge bar
-Bumper protector
-22inch Chrome Shoes.

Next on the list is a good sound upgrade..

Peace and luv.
Virus.

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:49 am

impulsepath wrote:Is the nudge bar available as an option or accessory to purchase as an add on? For 2012 Pathfinder?
Yes, it is. It fits the 2005-2013 Pathfinders here by us, so should fit those State-side too. Last count they were going for around $500. It is airbag compatible too. Great for fitting spotlights. Here is mine.

impulsepath

Postby impulsepath » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 pm

I checked Nissan South Africa website in the hope of finding a part number for this nudge bar, but it did not list it anywhere. Does it look like it was added onto yours without modification to the front bumper?
Is that a dealer option?

BTW, you guys have a lot of nicely configured Pathfinders available.
All we get is gas engines and automatic transmissions. You seem to have diesel engines and manual transmissions too. USA for some reason always gets cheapened versions of cars from around the world...
You can get a 2012 Pathfinder S 4WD here for 215682.50 South African Rand out the door with all taxes etc... so at least we get them for a good price.

2013 Pathfinder is a totally different car here now. It is a crossover.
No more body on frame.
Lord Farquaad wrote:
impulsepath wrote:Is the nudge bar available as an option or accessory to purchase as an add on? For 2012 Pathfinder?
Yes, it is. It fits the 2005-2013 Pathfinders here by us, so should fit those State-side too. Last count they were going for around $500. It is airbag compatible too. Great for fitting spotlights. Here is mine.

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 pm

impulsepath wrote:I checked Nissan South Africa website in the hope of finding a part number for this nudge bar, but it did not list it anywhere. Does it look like it was added onto yours without modification to the front bumper?
Is that a dealer option?

BTW, you guys have a lot of nicely configured Pathfinders available.
All we get is gas engines and automatic transmissions. You seem to have diesel engines and manual transmissions too. USA for some reason always gets cheapened versions of cars from around the world...
You can get a 2012 Pathfinder S 4WD here for 215682.50 South African Rand out the door with all taxes etc... so at least we get them for a good price.

2013 Pathfinder is a totally different car here now. It is a crossover.
No more body on frame.
It was an optional extra. I can get the part number for you if you are interested? As you can see from the picture, it is a Nissan part, not aftermarket. I might be wrong, but I think there are no holes made to mount the nudge bar.

We have 3 engine sizes, 2 diesel and one gasoline. The gasoline variant is the same as yours, the 4.0V6. When it comes to diesel, we have the 2.5l diesel in 106kW, 128kW and 140kW. and the 3.0V6 diesel in 170kW.

I've had the 6 speed manual before and now the 5 speed auto. The new auto gearbox is a 7 speed, from 2011/2012.

Rumor has it that Nissan South Africa is not going to bother with the new Pathfinder. They are going to facelift the current one and run it for another couple of years. The initial reaction to the new pathfinder that you guys have has not been favorable here. We don't like the fact that it has gone soft.

impulsepath

Postby impulsepath » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 am

Part number would be great. I would check with a dealership here if they can get it. Some detail on how it is mounted would be great, i.e. whether holes need to be drilled through the bumper etc... If it is a dealer option it should be a fairly simple noninvasive installation.

Do you guys have tonneau cargo covers too? The retractable ones? They are also not available here. Maybe a group buy would make sense if there is enough interest.

One more thing. :) You guys have reverse synchronized side mirrors.
Does that mean the side mirrors tilt down when you put the transmission in reverse?

Nissan went soft on the Pathfinder here because they are trying to compete with Honda Pilots and Toyota Highlanders. That is where the money is, soccer mom mass market. In those appliance cars the only things that are of importance is whether they have Blutooth, leather seats and climate control. Things like engine, transmission and suspension are near the bottom of the priority list... Anyway, enjoy your body on frame Pathfinders while you still can.

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Will contact Nissan for a part number today.I will take some photos over the weekend of the mounting.

As for tonneau covers, no, not AFAIK. I have the 2 section board types that fold concertina style.

As for the side mirrors, yes they do. My wife only realized that yesterday, after we have owned it for 3 years. :D

Virus

Postby Virus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 am

Thanks Guys,

I would have thought that the nudge bar would be available worldwide...
Seeing that it is a nissan product.

Virus

Postby Virus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 am

One more thing. You guys have reverse synchronized side mirrors.
Does that mean the side mirrors tilt down when you put the transmission in reverse?

Yes our mirrors are reverse synchronised. However I cannot retract mine when parking.

impulsepath

Postby impulsepath » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:50 am

If you don't mind snapping a picture of your tonneau cover that would be great. Our Pathfinders probably don't have the mounting for concertina style cover.
Appreciate your help!
Lord Farquaad wrote:Will contact Nissan for a part number today.I will take some photos over the weekend of the mounting.

As for tonneau covers, no, not AFAIK. I have the 2 section board types that fold concertina style.

As for the side mirrors, yes they do. My wife only realized that yesterday, after we have owned it for 3 years. :D

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:00 am

Details of the nudge bar:

Part# F21605X000AU
Superseded Part# F21605X100AU
Please remember these are part numbers from Nissan South Africa. What I do notice from the part number is the AU, which tells me it is a Nissan Australia sourced part.

Google got me to this website:http://www.partsweb.net.au/default/bumper-bars/ which list the part number as F2160-EA100AU

Part is listed in South Africa as R7678.74, which equates to US$865. The unit on the Aussie website equates to US$1057. Might be worth checking shipping from South Africa. :D

impulsepath

Postby impulsepath » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 am

Thanks! partsweb says it is for Pathfinders made until Jan 2010. Mine is 05/2012 and it does have a different looking bumper. Not as boxy, more of a rounded design than what is shown in the pic. I will give it a shot with a local dealer and see what they say.

I also found a cargo cover you mentioned in your post, concertina style.
It is on nissan australia website:
http://www.nissanperfectfit.com.au/inde ... pathfinder
84986 EB302 part number.

Lord Farquaad wrote:Details of the nudge bar:

Part# F21605X000AU
Superseded Part# F21605X100AU
Please remember these are part numbers from Nissan South Africa. What I do notice from the part number is the AU, which tells me it is a Nissan Australia sourced part.

Google got me to this website:http://www.partsweb.net.au/default/bumper-bars/ which list the part number as F2160-EA100AU

Part is listed in South Africa as R7678.74, which equates to US$865. The unit on the Aussie website equates to US$1057. Might be worth checking shipping from South Africa. :D

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:40 pm

impulsepath wrote: I also found a cargo cover you mentioned in your post, concertina style.
It is on nissan australia website:
http://www.nissanperfectfit.com.au/inde ... pathfinder
84986 EB302 part number.
That is the one I have. I will check around and see if the latest Navara/Pathfinders sport the nudge bar.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”